Saturday, July 16, 2011

shape.

So today was a pretty awesome day.

How blessed am I to be totally surrounded by talented people. I was performing today at Home County in London with some very musically talented people and am in awe every time I hear them play. It just makes me appreciate the skills and how lucky those people are that can make a living off of their talents. How exciting of a life is it to do what you love, meet other lovely talented people, and see new and exciting things! You can just bask in each other's awesomeness, yet these people are so humble for the skills they possess.

The joy brought to an audience through their music is so wonderful. I am a people watcher, I admit... and the excitement and pure expression on their faces was priceless. The clapping and happy toe tapping. We all need this sometime or another. I could never take the beauty of this type of music for granted, especially when you know the people behind it.

Music is definitely a universal language. People can just connect and share joy through such a different form of communication. I love that. Another reason why I love summer -- festivals! Canterbury was last weekend and I got to meet some more super talented genuine people. Every summer brings different festivals that I am totally blessed with the opportunities to attend. CONTESTS, again, another reason why I love summer.

These contests I am raving about are the fiddle and step dance contests I have been going to since I was 12 and has had a huge influence on me. Here are a circuit of people who have grown up with each other in one of the most Canadian ways possible, camping, jamming, socializing. They are so welcoming, and loving and so very very wonderful.

If you didn't know, in April I got to hangout with this lovely group for 5 weeks, 72 shows! I don't think a person could take so much in in 5 weeks. We all came out of it with a new taste for life and learned a lot about each other. When we reunited a couple of weekends ago, it was like tears of happiness performing together again. All of our experiences shared together as a family in that time in Branson were brought together through a dance. I respect these people a lot. For looking out for one another, respecting and for being so understanding. Thank goodness for the contests.

conclusion: Special people have special roles in our lives. They shape us and make us who we are and add a little bit of character to our growing personalities. I am so thankful for this...because life would be boring without interesting people to spice up our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment